Wednesday, September 6, 2006

Butterfly

I feel you all around me. I may become preoccupied with something or someone else briefly, but when I turn around you are there. We've had this ongoing thing for years now, and it's just gotten worse. I am trapped. You seem to always win.When I cry, you win. Last night you damn near smothered me in my sleep. I quickly hopped off the couch. In a daze. I don't know where I was just then, and I don't know where I am now. I lay across the mattress, my feet are dangling off the side. I feel you coming.I quickly pull my legs in. I am good for maybe an hour when you decide to let me sleep. Then I am awake and we're at it again. Sometime back I went to see someone. I had to tell someone. That didn't last very long. When you found out, it just made you stronger. Now I am afriad. I am hypnotized by you. They don't understand, and they think it will be easy to leave you. I have tried to leave you with little to no help from others, but everytime I do You find a way to pull me back in.

I am tired of you. As long as you are in my life no one will ever know me truly. I give you too much.I can hardly remember what my life was like without you. I want out. I am tired of fighting with you, lord knows I am. You cannot stay here anymore. I am going to tell someone about you, and they will help me make you leave.

I was a soaring butterfly.Until you clipped my wings.and I let you do it.

No comments: